Alyssa, Hunter, Anthony, & Jayson

Alyssa, Hunter, Anthony, & Jayson

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My version of the Cascades...Mt. Laundry & Mt. Dishes.

On a clear day, I can see Mt. Rainier from my front yard. It is one of the most spectacular things one can imagine seeing, and I feel lucky everyday for being able to see something so beautiful. One of the things that made me happy for moving back to the west coast was being able to see real mountains again. In my book, mountains covered in trees are not mountains. I want to see the hard, jagged rock protruding out of the ground, glowing in hughs of purple, blue, and orange in the backdrop of the evening sunset. What I totally detest seeing is the mountain ranges that crop up in my home on a daily basis.

Why is it so hard for me to keep up on my laundry and dishes? With six people in my family, I have at least a load of laundry every single day. If I miss a day, I'm screwed. Dishes are no better. I try to be green and not use paper plates, and plastic silverwares, but seriously, I spend a chunk of my day in the kitchen between cooking and cleaning it up! What is a girl to do?

I'm a realist. I know that the idea of not throwing clothes after one wear into the laundry is lost upon my children. I also realize that my hubby's job requires him to wear PT's in the morning for workout, and a full uniform each day. My people eat breakfast, they eat lunch, they eat dinner, and snacks in between. These foods must be cooked in something. I know that there will never be an end to the circular file of laundry and dishes, it's just nice to be able to vent about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment