Alyssa, Hunter, Anthony, & Jayson

Alyssa, Hunter, Anthony, & Jayson

Sunday, January 2, 2011

FINALLY Almost Settled In!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It's been a while, I know. We moved, school started, and then came the holidays--and the cold weather! I realize it's winter, but I've been accustomed to HEAT in my house over the course of my life. We have come to realize during this long holiday weekend of sub freezing temperatures that some of the radiators in our house are not working. Compiled with the fact that our 1940's home has the original exterior doors, and single pane windows...well, I'm in my own personal ice box thank you very much. I say this while I am sitting on the loveseat in my living room dressed in winter clothes from head to toe..to include socks and slippers, whilst covered in a quilt with my Shih tzu peacefully snoozing on top of my feet to keep them warm. Meanwhile, I can hear my neighbor's daughter playing "The Spinning Song" on their piano which happens to be on the shared wall between their living room and ours.


Ahh, the joys of living in military housing. It's actually not that bad. I'm enjoying the fact that my husband is still able to be home  by 6:30 pm (because he doesn't have a 45min. commute). I like the fact that I can walk my son to school, and that the grocery store is less than 2 miles away. The close proximity to grocery shopping has proved to be worth it's weight in gold during the last few weeks (the holidays). David ran countless trips to the store for me to pick up items that I needed.[Really, how could I run out of ginger when I knew that I was going to make Gingerbread Cookies??? Better yet, how could I have forgotten to pick it up when I was grocery shopping?] Thank goodness the holidays or over, and I can stop cooking, and spending so much money at the grocery store.


Yes, indeed the holidays have concluded, and all things must go back to normal. The kids go back to school tomorrow, and Dave and I will take down the tree, and put away the decorations. Kind of funny that his last day off is spent "working". We will no doubt quickly return to the fast pace with work functions, school functions, and field problems. Hopefully the fast pace will return with some warmer weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment